Okay, so my intention was for this blog to be strictly a "happy place", but I seriously need to vent...
I realized something about myself tonight, and it's not something I'm proud of...& it's definitely something I need to work on. I've learned that the older I get the less patience & tolerance I have for stupid, self-involved, arrogant, inconsiderate people!
After dealing with some snotty, stuck-up type "ladies" earlier today I was already in a mood...then I drove over to BECU, which apparently is a pretty hoppin' place at 9:00 on a Friday night (who knew??). The line for the 24hr drive thru ATM was a mile long and, lucky me, I got stuck behind some twit that was either completely ignorant of the fact that there were 9 (yes, nine!) cars waiting behind her, or she just didn't give a crap.
She was so busy talking & texting (not that that's a bad thing...I do it too) she wasn't paying any attention and I had to keep honking my horn at her to get her to move up in line. She was holding up the line to the point that other drivers were getting out of their cars and walking up to see what the problem was. Once she finally got to the ATM, she sat there for nearly 10 (yes, ten!) minutes. Seriously. It felt like an eternity. Her actual ATM business took about 30 seconds, but she continued to sit there texting, and what looked like balancing her checkbook. (Are you kidding me??) People in line behind me started honking, and one guy walked up to her to see if she needed any help...she flipped him off. Nice.
So, I'm usually a pretty mellow, easy-going kind of person, but it seriously took every ounce of strength I had not to get out of my car, grab her cell phone, smash it into a thousand pieces, and punch her in the face. Hard. Ugghhh!
I just don't understand how some people can be so rude! Yeesh!
I'm very thankful that there was no one in the car with me besides my dog...I hate to admit to some of the expletives that were coming out of my mouth...not very "lady-like" I must say.
Oh...I'm so happy that I get to go out with the girls tomorrow night for some fun, laughter and cocktails! Until then, I think I'll just settle for some ice cream.
It's all good....
No comments:
Post a Comment